On Schooling, Capitalism & Politics
MIKE COLE, DAVE HILL & GLENN RIKOWSKI in discussion with PETER McLAREN
Foreword by PAULA ALLMAN
|Mike Cole||Dave Hill|
Our collective idea was that this booklet would enable us to start a dialogue about educational reform by situating the political project that animates our lives in our lived experience as educational activists
"Dave, Mike, Glenn, and Paula have, in distinctly creative ways, used Marxist theory to re-direct current educational debates in the theatre of educational critique."
(University of California, Los Angeles, USA)
"this exciting conversation amongst four of the world's most committed and significant critical / radical educators. This publication (which began as an interview but reads much more like a conversation or discussion) demonstrates poignantly that education has the potential to fuel the flames of resistance to global capitalism, as well as the passion for socialist transformation."
(Nottingham University, UK)
"Red Chalk was an exciting read... I was moved by the form of it, the debate, the concerns..."
(Macquarie University, NSW, Australia)
|Glenn Rikowski||Peter McLaren|
- Gang of Five
- A preface by Peter Mclaren
- Education on Fire!
- A foreword by Paula Allman
- The Four
- Biographical details on Cole, Hill, Rikowski & McLaren
- The Discussion
- Marxist Educational Theory
- Class, 'Race' and Global Capital
- Politics and the Labour Party
- Hillcole Group of Radical Left Educators
- The Educational Left in the UK
- The Third Way, Globalisation and Seattle
- Rikowski on Marxist Educational Theory
- Hill on Structuralist neo-Marxism and Political Agency
- Cole on Globalisation and What Goes On in Schools
- Key Issues for Teachers in State Schools
- Education Action Zones
- Market Socialism
- What Next for the Three?
- Key Texts
To order this book contact Dave Hill.