Dave Hill: Online Papers
- Charge of the Right Brigade: the radical right's attack on teacher education
- Multi-cultural education - why whats going on and theoretical perspectives
- Background Information, Education Policies and `Race' in England and Wales, 1990. In Ruth Hessari & Dave Hill (1990) Practical Ideas For Multicultural Learning And Teaching In The Primary Classroom, London, Routledge.
- Initial Teacher Education and Ethnic Diversity
- Equality and primary teacher education
- Conservative Education Policy 1979-97 Equality in primary schooling
- Brief Autobiography of a Bolshie Dismissed
- What? All Kids and No Theory?: NQTs and Final Year Student Teachers, and their Evaluations of their ITE Courses
- Equality in primary schooling: The policy context, intentions and effects of the Conservative 'reforms'
(Cole, M., Hill, D. & Shan, S. (Eds) 1997)
- Resistance Postmodernism and the Ordeal of the Undecidable: A Marxist Critique
(Mike Cole, Dave Hill, Jane Kelly 1999)
- 'Education, Education, Education', or 'Business, Business, Business'? The Third Way ideology of New Labour's educational policy in England and Wales
- Social Class and Education (1999) in D. Matheson and I. Grosvenor (eds.) An Introduction to the Study of Education. London: David Fulton.
- Radical Left Principles for Social and Economic Justice in Education Policy
- Equality, Ideology and Education Policy (2001) in In D. Hill and. M. Cole (eds) Schooling and Equality: Fact, Concept and Policy. London: Kogan Page
- The Third Way in Britain: New Labour's neo-liberal education policy
- Red Chalk: On Schooling, Capitalism and Politics. Brighton: Institute for Education Policy Studies. (84pp.)
(Cole M, Hill D, McLaren P, and Rikowski G 2001)
- Global Neo-Liberalism and the Perversion Of Education
- The Third Way and Education
- The Third Way And Education: New Labour, The Dominance Of Neo-Liberal Global Capital In European Education Policies, And The Growth Of Inequality
- Global Neo-Liberalism, the Deformation of Education and Resistance, Journal for Critical Education Policy Studies, 1 (1)
- The Hillcole Group of Radical Left Educators
- Books, Banks and Bullets: Controlling our minds- the global project of Imperialistic and militaristic neo-liberalism and its effect on education policy. Policy Futures in Education, 2, 3-4, pp. 504-522 (Theme: Marxist Futures in Education).
- O Neoliberalismo Global, a Resistência e a Deformação da Educação, Curriculo sem Frontieras 3, 3 pp.24-59. (Brazil) 2004)
- Educational perversion and global neo-liberalism: a Marxist critique Cultural Logic: an electronic journal of Marxist Theory and Practice.
- Critical Transformative Teacher Education: a four-year Marxist undergraduate programme for student teachers: contexts, intents, constraints and effects
(Paper presented at the British Education Research Association Annual Conference, Manchester Metropolitan University, England, Sept, 2004)
- Globalisation and its educational discontents: Neoliberalisation and its impacts on education workers’ rights, pay, and conditions. International Studies in the Sociology of Education 15 (3), pp.257-288
- Class, Neoliberal Global Capital, Education and Resistance. Social Change, 36 (3) pp.47-76. New Delhi, India: The Council for Social Development
- Socialism and Social Democracy. In D. Gabbard, J. Spring and N. Silverman (eds.) Knowledge and Power in the Global Economy (2nd ed.) Lawrence Erlbaum and Associates
- Education Services Liberalization. Report for the International Labour Organisation
- New Labour’s Education Policy. In D. Kassem, E. Mufti and J. Robinson (eds.) Education Studies: Issues and Critical Perspectives. pp. 73-86
(Buckingham: Open University Press. 2006)
- Report for the ILO, on Globalisation, Neoliberalism and Education
- Critical Teacher Education, New Labour in Britain, and the Global Project of Neoliberal Capital. Aula Critica: Revista Educativa de la Fundacion McLaren de Pedagogia Critica, Tijuana: Universidad de Tijuana, México. 6 April. pp.1-31.
- Class, Capital and Education in this Neoliberal/ Neoconservative Period. Information for Social Change, 23.
- The Culturalization of Class and the Occluding of Class Consciousness: The Knowledge Industry in/of Education. Journal for Critical Education Policy Studies, 4 (1).
(Hill D and Kelsh D 2006)
- Marxism: some contemporary misconceptions
(Mike Cole, Dave Hill 2006)
- Analysing and Resisting Capitalist Education: Six Theses
- Obituary of Ted Grant, founder and leader of 'Militant'
- Education: Their Agenda and Ours. Socialist Resistance, 49. Sept.
- Socialist Educators and Capitalist Education. Socialist Outlook, 13.
- Critical Teacher Education for Economic, Environmental and Social Justice: an Ecosocialist Manifesto. Journal for Critical education Policy Studies, 5(2).
(Hill D and Boxley S 2007)
- Critical Teacher Education, New Labour in Britain, and the Global Project of Neoliberal Capital. Policy Futures, 5 (2) pp. 204-225.
- Embourgeoisment, Immiseration, Commodification - Marxism Revisited: a Critique of Education in Capitalist Systems. Journal for Critical education Policy Studies, 5(1).
(Greaves N, Hill D and Maisuria A 2007)
- Speech for Janet Holland about the Hillcole Group
- Theorising Politics and the Curriculum: Understanding and Addressing Inequalities through Critical Pedagogy and Critical Policy Analysis. In D. Hill and L. Helavaara Robertson (eds.) (2009) Equality in the Primary School: Promoting good practice across the curriculum
(London: Continuum 2009)
- Interview with Dave Hill on Politics and the European Election of 2009
- Students are Revolting: Education Cuts and Resistance
- Dave Hill interviewed by Bill Templer October 2010 (subsequently published in the USA newspaper, The Socialist in 2011
- Fighting neo-liberalism with education and activism (2012)
- Support Antarsya and its Transitional Programme in the June 17 2012 Greek parliamentary elections
- Dave Hill, interviewed by Ozden Aras Capulkaya and Sezen Bayhan, May 2013 in Istanbul, Turkey, for publication in Revolutionary Teacher
- Gezi Park and Taksim Square: Reflections and Reactions: Islamic Conservatism, Predatory Neoliberalism and the Continuing Courage of the Resistance
To view these files you will need Adobe's Acrobat Reader installed. This is preloaded on most
computers, but if it is not you can download
Acrobat Reader free of charge...