INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON CRITICAL EDUCATION – SECOND ANNOUNCEMENT
The Department of Education, University of Athens, Greece is hosting the INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON CRITICAL EDUCATION
12-16 July 2011, Athens, Greece
Organized by the journals: JOURNAL OF CRITICAL EDUCATION POLICY STUDIES (UK), CULTURAL LOGIC (USA/CANADA), KRITIKI (GREECE), RADICAL NOTES (INDIA)
The venue of the Conference will be the city of Athens and possibly the surrounding areas
Conference Organizing Committee Coordinators: Dave Hill (Middlesex University, UK), Peter McLaren (UCLA, USA), Kostas Skordoulis (University of Athens, Greece)
- Peter McLaren (UCLA, USA)
Sahay (Hofstra University, New York, USA)
- Dave Hill (Middlesex
- Aristides Baltas (National Technical University of Athens,
- Ravi Kumar (Jamia Milia Islamia University, Delhi, India)
- John Preston (University of East London, England)
also speakers from the Greek education movement:
- Lazaros Apekis (Leader
of the University Teachers movement against the privatization of university
- Chrysoula Papageorgiou (Spokesperson of the Unemployed and
part-time Teachers Union)
Confirmed Participants (as on 6th Dec 2010)
- Fayaz Ahmad (JMI Central University, Delhi, India)
- Dennis Beach and Anna-Carin Johnsson (University of Boras, Sweden)
- Sarah Carpenter and Shahrzad Mojab (Ontario Institute for Studies in Education, University of Toronto, Canada)
- Namita Chakrabarty (University of East London, England)
- Domingos Leite Lima Filho (Federal Technological University of Paraná -UTFPR, Brazil)
- Morgan Gardner (Memorial University, Faculty of Education, Newfoundland and
- Sara Hauftman (Achva Academic College of Education, Israel)
- Steven Hales (University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada)
- Petar Jandric (Polytechnic Graduate School in Zagreb, Croatia)
- Nathalia Jaramillo (Purdue University, USA)
- Anastasia Liasidou (European University of Cyprus)
- Vicki Macris (University of Alberta, Canada)
- Alpesh Maisuria (Anglia Ruskin University, Chelmsford, England)
- Spyros Themelis (Middlesex University, London, England)
- Periklis Pavlidis (Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece)
- Peter Perikles Trifonas (Ontario Institute of Studies in Education, University of Toronto, Canada)
- Nosheen Rachel-Naseem (Middlesex University, London, England)
- Debbie Toope (Memorial University, Faculty of Education, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada)
- Paul Welsh (ChristChurch Canterbury University, England)
- Sara Zamir (Ben-Gurion University, Eilat, Israel)
- Participants should
submit an abstract of 300 words by: 15 January 2011
- Proposals (500 words) for Panel and Round Table Discussions are welcome.
Notification of acceptance of paper presentation by: 15 February 2011.
- Full papers should be
submitted by: 30 May 2011.
The papers will be peer
reviewed and published in the Conference Proceedings.
Selected papers will be
published in Special Issues of JCEPS, Cultural Logic and KRITIKI.
Abstracts should be sent by email to the following
DAVE HILL: firstname.lastname@example.org
KOSTAS SKORDOULIS : email@example.com
The Conference fee is 300 Euros. The Conference fee for participants from Eastern Europe and and for full-time PhD students from all countries, is 100 Euros.
The Conference fee for participants from Greece, and all those in hardship is 50 Euros
The participation of unemployed and colleagues from the third world is free/no fees. The fee covers participation in the conference, the book of abstracts, coffee/tea/refreshments during conference breaks and participation in the conference dinner in a traditional taverna.
Please could fees be paid directly into the following bank account:
NATIONAL BANK OF GREECE
Account holders: Katsiampoura Ioanna Nikolaos and Psomiadis Ploutarchos Andreas
Account Number: 719/703258-75
SWIFT Code (BIC): ETHNGRAA
Venue and Accommodation:
The venue of the Conference is the city of Athens and possibly the surrounding areas. Part of the Conference may take place in an area out of Athens. This will depend on Athens Hotel prices since mid-July is a tourist high season. The local Organizing Committee will negotiate hotel prices after the number of international participants is finalized.
LOCAL ORGANIZING COMMITTEE
Kostas Skordoulis, Efthymios Nicolaidis, Efthymis Papademetriou, Yiannis Maistros, Alekos Koutsouris, Spyros Sakellaropoulos, Themis Bokaris, Gianna Katsiampoura, Spyros Themelis, Theodoros Alexiou, Ploutarchos Psomiadis, Kostas Tampakis, Maria Darmou, Yiannis Bitsakis, Laokratia Lakka, Alexandra Lekka, Telis Gkiolmas, Vaggelis Koutalis, Ioanna Stavrou, Kostas Exarchakos, Ilias Boikos