Dave Hill (IEPS)
Institute for Education Policy Studies- an e-institute
Dave Hill CV Dave Hill Bio Dave Hill online papers Subscriptions & Purchasing
The inaugural recipient of the International Activist Scholar Award for the Advancement of Marxist Theory and Practice, awarded by the Institute for Education Policy Studies, June, 2006: Professor Peter McLaren.
Further details (PDF format, opens in new window)
Summer 2009, two more books by Dave Hill and others on equality issues
- Dave Hill and Leena Helavaara Robertson (eds.) (2009) Equality in the Primary School: Promoting good practice across the curriculum. London: Continuum
- Deborah Kelsh, Dave Hill and Sheila Macrine (eds.) Teaching Class: Knowledge, Pedagogy, Subjectivity. London: Routledge.
Four new books (2009) edited by Dave Hill and others on Education and Neoliberalism:
- Dave Hill (ed.) (2009) Contesting Neoliberal Education: Public Resistance and Collective Advance London: New York: Routledge
- Dave Hill (ed.) (2009) The Rich World and the Impoverishment of Education: Diminishing Democracy, Equity and Workers’ Rights New York: Routledge
- Dave Hill and Ravi Kumar (eds.) (2009) Global Neoliberalism and Education and its Consequences New York: Routledge
- Dave Hill and Ellen Rosskam (eds.) (2009) The Developing World and State Education: Neoliberal Depredation and Egalitarian Alternatives New York: Routledge
The Institute for Education Policy Studies is an independent Radical Left/ Socialist/ Marxist institute for developing analysis of education policy. It is at www.ieps.org.uk . The Institute seeks to develop Marxist analysis of policy, theory, ideology and policy development. It also seeks to develop Marxist transformative education theory, analysis and policy analyse and develop socialist/Marxist transformative policy for schooling and education from a number of Radical Left perspectives, including Freirean perspectives. The IEPS and its journal address issues of Social Class, 'Race', Gender and Capital/ism; Critical Pedagogy; New Public Managerialism and Academic / non-Academic labour, and Empowerment/ Disempowerment.
The IEPS critiques global, national, neo-liberal, neo-conservative, New Labour, Third Way, and postmodernist analyses and policy, together with New Public Managerialism . It was set up in 1989 and hosted the formation of the Hillcole Group of Radical Left Educators (1989-2001). The IEPS organises and publicises national conferences and also publishes on-line papers by Radical Left/ Socialist/ Marxist writers.
IEPS publishes an online journal, the Journal for Critical Education Policy Studies (http://www.jceps.com/) twice a year. The editors of JCEPS are Prof Dave Hill (Chief/ Managing Editor), Prof Pablo Gentil (Latin America) and Prof Peter McLaren (North America). The journal welcomes articles from academics and activists throughout the globe. It is a refereed / peer juried international journal.
The Founder Director of IEPS is Professor Dave Hill, the Deputy Director is Professor Peter McLaren. The Associate of the IEPS is Dr Christine Fox. Administrators for the IEPS are Naomi Hill and Joshua Akehurst.
Webcounter courtesy of www.digits.com
site updated January 2009
site by Catmachine Web Design